Wednesday, October 10, 2012

SEPTEMBER IN THE STUDIO

September was a busy month in the studio.  Here are a few of the pieces completed.


This 19" x 45" watercolor is called 4th GRADE ROMANCE. I really love the was kids sit.


Albin Veselka came to town to conduct a wonderful workshop on oil painting.  He convinced me to come join in his Plein Air session.  "Come and join us and bring your watercolors" he said.  I told him that I wanted to see what this oil painting was all about and that I would to try it.  Well, it only took about ten minutes to figure out that painting with oils is like painting with toothpaste.  We all had a good time, it was a gorgeous afternoon, the company was terrific and ... the tooth past wasn't so bad after all.


 Last month I tried a piece depicting my son Michael and Nora, our granddaughter.  This is the second in the same series of the "I'm going to do one painting a month just for the fun of it."  It really was fun to do this little piece and now the two pieces are hanging in our home.  I'm sure that some day they'll mean something special to both Michael and Nora.


No comments:

Post a Comment